Content marketing in 2021 is more challenging than ever.
Would you like to generate 3x the leads at a 62% lower cost?
According to DemandMetric, that’s what content marketing can do for you. But with competition for attention fiercer than ever today, how can you stand out?
Marketing software company CoSchedule found that marketers who plan their campaigns are “356% more likely to achieve success”. But just sitting down to write a plan, takes a little thought. Having the right information at your fingertips as your form your plan is mission critical.
And, of course, you’ll have questions.
Questions to Consider as You Write Out Your Plan
- What’s our competition doing — what % are marketing with content?
- How much are they spending on it?
- Is it just a B2C thing, or does it work in B2B too?
- Do most businesses do their content marketing in-house? Or do they outsource?
- Should I do my content marketing in-house? Or outsource it?
- How likely is it my target audience will actual read, watch or listen to our content?
- What percentage of our prospects would appreciate learning about our company through custom content?
- What are the benefits of content marketing, versus traditional “one-punch” advertising?
- What’s working today in TV ads? Direct mail? Email marketing?
- What percentage of our addressable market would prefer to learn about us through articles than advertisements?
- Does content marketing really help us build a positive relationship with our prospects?
- Would our prospective customers find our content useful?
- How do we go about creating a plan? What’s the step-by-step process?
- What metrics do we need to track to make sure we’re getting a good ROI on our content marketing efforts?
That said, here are some stats and tactics you may find helpful as you build a winning content marketing plan for 2021 and beyond.
Powered by Demand Metric