You want copywriting tips? Well, you’re in the right place, my friend!
But first, a little context, so you know this stuff’s the “real deal”.
In October, 2018, I was honored to serve on the “Success Panel” at the American Writers & Artists Inc. (AWAI) Bootcamp in Delray Beach, Florida. It was great seeing friends there, including Liz Farr, sitting next to me on the panel in the photo above, sharing a little “fist bump” moment…
You see, four years ago we were both newbies at this whole copywriter thing, trying to figure it out… and then, lo and behold, there we were receiving recognition together and helping other writers find their own success path.
Just so you know — this stuff works!
Okay, ‘nuf shameless self-aggrandizement… You want the “real meat”, and so you shall have it!
The Most Powerful Skill Set
No matter whether you’re a business owner, copywriter or serial entrepreneur like me, the ONE skill set that’ll pay you dividends for life is direct response copywriting.
So, here are seven monster insights for you from the mother of all direct response copywriting summits. Not to mention, some of the richest, smartest direct response copywriters and marketers on the planet.
Here you go — deploy and enjoy!
7 Copywriting Mega-Tips From 7 Mega-Marketers
1. As an info-marketer, you must make your audience trust and become eager to pay money for access to your product’s guru. ~ Aaron DeHoag
2. People hate taking surveys, but they love taking quizzes. ~ Ryan Levesque
3. Write sales copy to the smartest, most skeptical person in your audience. ~ Clayton Makepeace
4. Your job as copywriter is to champion your client’s cause. ~ Jeremiah Magone
5. Powerful Headline + Relatable Story + Something your prospect didn’t know + What to do next = The “secret formula” for a super-effective sidebar ~ Carline Anglade-Cole
6. As marketers, we must EARN audience engagement — and the best way to do that is by creating an irresistible “Curiosity Gap”. ~ Andrew Davis
7. Having genuine contempt for your email readers can be the single most reliable way to increase opens, clicks and sales. ~ Ben Settle
Endless thanks to Katie Yeakle, Rebecca Matter, Denise Ford and all the AWAI team for the best Bootcamp EVER…
And to all the AMAZING mentors and friends who shared their wisdom there!
NOW IT’S UP TO YOU!
To scoop up your own copywriting gold, check out these 10 Reasons AWAI’s copywriting program is the best you’ll ever see.